General Information

  1. How do I get my child on the Innovations Waiver?
    Call the Access to Care line at 1-877-685-2415 and ask to speak with a coordinator for a Registry of Unmet Needs Application.

  2. How do I start a group home?
    Trillium does not license residential facilities. You should contact the North Carolina Division of Social Services or the Division of Health Services Regulation for more information.

  3. Why is Trillium listed on my Medicaid card?
    If you receive Medicaid through a county within our 26 county catchment area, Trillium manages the benefits and can provide information related to mental health, substance abuse, and/or developmental disabilities.

  4. How do I register for a training?
    Details about a particular training or event are usually posted on our Events page or included in Providers Communication page. If you are a provider, you could also click on the Provider Learning Portal.

  5. I need help with my provider direct login/password.
    Contact our IT department by clicking IT Help Desk & Support.

  6. What is your mailing address?
    Trillium Health Resources
    201 West First Street
    Greenville, NC 27858-1132

  7. Who can I talk to about doing an internship?
    Current internship opportunities are listed on our website on the Careers page.

  8. My license has been revoked because of a DWI. Where can I go to take classes?
    The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services maintains a list of providers who offer Substance Abuse Assessments, education, and treatment.

  9. How do I make a complaint/file a grievance?
    You may either:

    • Visit the Trillium website, select “Contact Us” at the top of the homepage, then select the link under “Have Something on Your Mind?” This will take you to the Compliment/Concern/ Complaint/Question form to complete.
    • Contact the Call Center through the 24-Hour Access to Care Line at 1-877-685-2415.
    • Reach out to your care coordinator or provider.
  10. Will I be billed for services or expected to pay?
    Trillium will only pay for services that are previously authorized (approved). You are responsible for payment of services if you go to an out-of-network provider for non-emergency services that are not pre-authorized. Emergency services for behavioral health needs do not need to be pre-authorized and can come from any hospital or other setting that provides emergency services.

  11. What if I need to see a doctor for physical health needs?
    When you enroll in Medicaid or Health Choice, you choose a doctor to call or visit each time you need care. This doctor is called your “primary care provider” (PCP). The doctor’s office is called your “medical home.” Your Medicaid or Health Choice ID card will list your PCP and medical home. You may choose any doctor who accepts Medicaid or Health Choice patients to be your PCP. Your county Division of Social Services (DSS) caseworker will help you choose a PCP, if needed.
    However, if you choose a doctor who belongs to the Community Care of North Carolina/Carolina ACCESS (CCNC) program, you also can ask for a care manager. Your care manager will help you understand and manage your health. If you have a chronic condition, such as diabetes, your care manager will connect you with available services that fit your specific needs.

  12. How do I get on the Innovations Waiver wait list? Why is there a wait list for these services?
    Trillium Connections can add your name to this list; please call the 24-Hour Access to Care Line at 1-877-685-2415. Innovations Waiver funding is limited by the availability of State Medicaid funds and the number of Innovations Waiver spaces given to Trillium by the State of North Carolina. These services are not an entitlement and rely on State funding.

  13. Why did Trillium not assign a care coordinator to me?
    Members are connected with a care coordinator if they use mobile crisis services, are discharged from a hospital, have special healthcare needs, have been identified through the Transitions to Community Living Initiative, and those who are eligible for the Innovations Waiver services. Individuals receiving basic services for the short-term can still access some level of care coordination through Trillium Connections at 1-877-685-2415.