|MENTAL HEALTH - GENERAL
- ADHD Resources English & Spanish - Download the useful resources below, vetted by national experts, and spread them widely in your place of work, community, and schools!
- Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law - The mission of the Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law is to protect and advance the civil rights of adults and children with mental illness or developmental disabilities.
- Bring Change to Mind - Is non-profit organization working together to end the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness through widely distributed public education materials and programs based on the latest scientific insights and measured for effectiveness.
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training - Stewards of Children uses real people and real stories to show you how to protect children. Our programs raise awareness of the prevalence and consequences of child sexual abuse by educating adults about the steps they can take to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child sexual abuse.
- Emergency Response Resources - Summary of Emergency Response Resources by Trillium Region / County.
- Global Medical Education (GME) - Information graphics or “infographics” are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly.
- Happify - Happify's activities and games are based on a decade's worth of cutting-edge research by psychologists and neuroscientists from leading academic institutions around the world.
- It's OK 2 Ask... about suicide - The North Carolina Division of Public Health, Injury and Violence Prevention Branch, Youth Suicide Prevention Program works in collaboration with The North Carolina Youth Suicide Prevention Task Force to address youth suicide prevention in North Carolina.
- Mental Health Channel - It’s a channel like you’d see on cable, but on the web—created to raise awareness and help every viewer realize the benefits of improved mental health.
- Mental Health Gov - MentalHealth.gov provides one-stop access to U.S. government mental health and mental health problems information. MentalHealth.gov aims to educate and guide; the general public, health, and emergency preparedness professionals, Policymakers, Government and business leaders, School systems, Local communities.
- Mental Health Myths and Facts - Can you tell the difference between a mental health myth and fact? Learn the truth about the most common mental health myths.
- Salud Mental Gov - Proporciona acceso a información del gobierno de EE.UU. sobre salud mental y problemas de salud mental. El objetivo de MentalHealth.gov es educar y brindar orientación al público en general, profesionales de la salud y con preparación para emergencias, encargados de formular políticas, líderes empresariales y del gobierno, sistemas escolares, comunidades locales.
- Mental Health Screening Tools - Mental Health America is dedicated to promoting mental health, preventing mental and substance use conditions and achieving victory over mental illnesses and addictions through advocacy, education, research, and service.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - The Lifeline provides 24/7 at 1-800-273-8255, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network’s (NCSTN) - The National Child Traumatic Stress Network was established to improve access to care, treatment, and services for traumatized children and adolescents exposed to traumatic events.
- No MORE - is a movement to raise public awareness and engage bystanders around ending domestic violence and sexual assault.
- North Carolina - Suicide Prevention Plan - To empower North Carolinians with knowledge and examples of actions they can take to prevent suicide.
- Psych Central: Mental Health & Psychology Resources Online - The site includes a comprehensive listing of information about conditions and medications, as well as blogs, news, and research.
|DISABILITY - GENERAL
- Cerebral Palsy Group - Cerebral Palsy Group is a national organization that was created so that it may serve the individuals and families who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. We are here to provide information and support so that we may help provide resources and education to those affected by CP.
- Cerebral Palsy Guide - Is a small group of professionals with a desire to educate and help people with cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral Palsy Guidance - was created to provide answers and assistance to parents of a child with cerebral palsy. Our goal is to reach as many members of the cerebral palsy community as possible, building up a network of support, as well as providing necessary assistance.
- Everybody Works NC - The Everybody Works NC campaign was launched to increase awareness of the untapped pool of talent found in the North Carolina disability community and to create more jobs and job oriented educational opportunities.
- Find a Medicaid Doctor or Dentist - There are several ways to find a Medicaid doctor, dentist, or other medical providers. Before you make an appointment, be sure to ask if the provider still takes Medicaid patients.
- North Carolina Medical Health Homes Initiative - The I/DD Medical Health Home Initiative (MHHI) partners with individuals with I/DD, families, advocates, providers, and thought leaders across the state and nation to develop recommendations that ensure people with I/DD receive the right care at the right time in the right setting.
|SUBSTANCE USE & ADDICTION - GENERAL
- Addiction & Recovery - The Definitive Expert Resource Guide For You, Your Family, or Your Patients; Written by Dr. Dina Macaluso, Psy.D, L.M.H.C., Alan Boyd, & Sharon Therien
- Addiction Resources - Addiction Resource was founded in 2005 to provide a community for those recovering from addiction and to help patients find the highest quality care for a successful recovery. Our goal is to provide resources to help patients and their loved ones so that they may stay on the road to recovery, and can successfully overcome addiction for life.
- Addiction Treatment - was founded by recovering addicts and health professionals to provide the most up-to-date information on various addictions and reviews of top treatment centers across the country.
- Alcohol Addiction Center (AAC) - AAC is committed to helping people and their families get help from alcoholism through our commitment to providing accurate information and resources.
- Alcohol Rehab Guide - Alcohol Rehab Guide (ARG) is an organization that offers in-depth, reliable information on all aspects of alcohol addiction.
- DrugRehab.com - our mission is to equip patients and families with the best information, resources, and tools to overcome addiction and lead a lifelong recovery.
- Drug Rehab Connections - was founded by a group of individuals who know both sides of addiction. We know it from our personal lives as well as engaging and working with rehab and treatment centers.
- Get Smart About Drugs – From the U.S. Department of Justice’s Drug Enforcement Administration this website has resources for parents, educators, and caregivers to learn about drug use trends and statistics, how to identify drug paraphernalia, and how to talk to the youth they suspect may be using drugs
- Help.org - From understanding addiction to tools to help you find the right rehab facility for you, this site provides everything you or your loved one needs to start and succeed in recovery.
- Nar-Anon Family Support Group - Nar-Anon Family Group members are relatives and friends who are concerned about the addiction or drug problem of another.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (Brochures and Fact Sheets) - This section contains easy-to-read material for the public covering a wide range of alcohol-related topics. Spanish language versions of these publications are also provided at Publicaciones en Español.
- National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW) - Resources & Webinars on Treatment for Opioid Use Disorders
- New Hanover Health - Navigating the Opioid Epidemic in New Hanover County
- RehabNet - We are a non-profit organization with a mission to educate and provide assistance to seniors struggling addiction as well as caregivers and family members with concerns.
- RehabCenter - Rehabcenter.net is committed to helping people recover from addiction by ﬁnding treatment that works. Our free, national helpline provides conﬁdential referrals to respected rehabilitation centers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- SAMHSA Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) - Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) are a group of conditions that can occur in a person whose mother drank alcohol during pregnancy. These effects can include physical problems and problems with behavior and learning. Often, a person with an FASD has a mix of these problems.
- Start Your Recovery - StartYourRecovery.org offers relatable information for people who are dealing with substance use issues — and their family members, friends, and co-workers, too.
- Talk It Out | Start The Conversation - We can’t turn a blind eye to the costs of underage drinking in North Carolina. Not just the dollars and cents, but the lives lost to drunk driving, the crimes committed under the influence, the hundreds of teen pregnancies that result – the physical, the social and emotional damage that can weigh down tweens and teens for the rest of their lives.
- The Big Book - The Big Book is a thorough and comprehensive resource designed to give people from all walks of life the information, encouragement, and resources they need to effectively deal with their drinking addiction.
- Pro Talk - The Rehabs.com Pro Community is an exclusive online discussion platform where addiction treatment professionals can connect to exchange ideas and engage in lively discussion about treatment approaches, prevention, recovery, policy, and more.