Trillium Health Resources recognizes monthly awareness events sponsored by local or national organizations and agencies. By helping to publicize these events, we bring attention to these causes to help reduce stigma and share the need for the proper services to address them.
As a managed care organization, Trillium coordinates services for serious mental health, substance use, and intellectual and developmental disabilities in 28 counties in eastern North Carolina. We work within our local communities to help everyone reach their fullest potential by also promoting programs, initiatives, and supports outside of contracted services.
May is Mental Health Month 2022 - Back To Basics
Since 1949, Mental Health America and its affiliates across the country have led the observance of May is Mental Health Month by reaching millions of people through the media, local events, and screenings.
May is Military Appreciation Month 2022
This May, during Military Appreciation Month, is the perfect opportunity to express gratitude to them, and their families, for all that they do every day.
National Prevention Week
National Prevention Week (NPW) is a public education platform that promotes prevention year-round by providing ideas, capacity building, tools, and resources to help individuals and communities make substance use prevention happen every day.
Each year, National Prevention Week includes daily themes to focus on major substance use and mental health topics. The 2022 daily themes are:
- Monday, May 9: Strengthening Community Resilience: Substance Misuse and Overdose Prevention
- Tuesday, May 10: Preventing Substance Use and Promoting Mental Health in Youth
- Wednesday, May 11: Preventing Suicide: Everyone Plays a Role
- Thursday, May 12: The Talent Pipeline: Enhancing the Prevention Workforce
- Friday, May 13: Prevention is Everywhere: Highlighting Efforts Across Settings and Communities
- Saturday, May 14: Celebrating Prevention Heroes
Page last verified on