Transforming Lives starts within at Trillium
Our mission at Trillium Health Resources is to transform lives and build community well-being through partnerships and proven solutions. A true partnership must allow for open communication and transparency. While Trillium prides ourselves on our relationships and personal connections around our region, we know we must do more to demand equity and integrity.
We envision equitable opportunities for everyone, and are committed to the ongoing support to do what we can to help create a more hopeful future. We are transforming through our hiring practices, continuing ways to improve racial disparities through population health initiatives, and ensuring we have a provider network reflective of the people we serve while supporting racial equality.
Action items from our Anti-Racism Work Plan
- Collaborating with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) to reach a more diversified applicant pool for our open positions.
- Providing ongoing opportunities for awareness and training to internal staff.
- Added monthly awareness events to our annual calendar including Black History Month, Native American Heritage Month, and Hispanic Heritage Month.
- Edited Trillium forms to include our stance on anti-discrimination.
We want all our member families, staff, providers, and partners to know we stand against racism in all forms. Trillium values the diversity of the communities we serve and is committed to the inclusion of voices across the spectrum. We firmly believe that our differences make us stronger. We stand for the inclusion of people of different races in all areas of our society. We are committed to serving communities with the core values of integrity, equity, and respect leading the way. We do not stand for limiting anyone’s potential, through racist practices or beliefs. No Trillium staff will aid, directly or indirectly, in employment or volunteer filtering based on race, color, age, religion, disability, sex, or national origin.
We do stand together, united and unapologetically, in the true spirit of partnership to collectively transform. We invite you to join us.
- Governor’s Executive Order #143
Addressing the Disproportionate Impact of COVID-19 on Communities of Color
- Governor’s Executive Order #145
Establishing the North Carolina Task Force for Racial Equity in Criminal Justice
- NC DHHS Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Racial Equity Tools