Our Neighborhood Connections Managers and Health Specialists live and work within the Southern, Central, and Northern Regions of Trillium. Staff maintains relationships with local agencies to share information, determine resources available to assist with social determinants of health, host in-person new member orientations, and help plan activities to increase engagement and awareness.
Health Specialists are in the process of collecting county-specific resources and information. We plan to share more information such as the following:
- Food and Nutrition Services (SNAP) - provides nutrition benefits to supplement the food budget of needy families so they can purchase healthy food and move towards self-sufficiency.
- Food Banks - distribute food and grocery items through food pantries and meal programs that serve families, children, seniors, and individuals at risk of hunger.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - assists households with low incomes, particularly those with the lowest incomes that pay a high proportion of household income for home energy, primarily in meeting their immediate home energy needs.
- NC 2-1-1 - is an information and referral service provided by United Way of North Carolina.
- Aunt Bertha - Search for free or reduced-cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more.
- NCCare360 - is the first statewide coordinated care network to electronically connect those with identified needs to community resources and allow for a feedback loop on the outcome of that connection.