PROVIDING TRAININGS AND CONSULTATION FOR CAREGIVER SUCCESS
“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.” Mark Twain
The Trillium Geriatric/Adult Specialty Team (GAST) - also known as the Gero Team - is committed to delivering professional training and consultation to Long Term Care (LTC) facilities and caregivers regarding mental health needs of older adults.
Our team uses a best practice approach to ensure we offer the most beneficial trainings at no cost to LTC staff and caregivers. We travel throughout the 25-County Trillium area to:
- Provide training and education to LTC staff and caregivers on a variety of mental health topics.
- Provide input and support in the development of crisis intervention plans.
- Assist LTC staff in understanding and assessing behaviors to prevent psychiatric hospitalizations.
- Enhance the understanding of mental illness among LTC staff and caregivers.
- Assist LTC staff and caregivers to successfully care for adults with mental illness in LTC settings or home.
- Provide required credits for trainings to LTC staff at no cost.
- Increase the ability of adults with mental illness to live successfully in their community with trained caregivers.
- Customize mental health trainings for LTC staff, community agencies such as Senior Center and Home Health agencies.
Geriatric/Adult Specialty Team Documents and Resources:
- Geriatric/Adult Specialty Team Brochure
- Older Men and Depression Brochure
- Training Calendar | BRIDGE Newsletter
- Telephone Therapy Helps Older People
- National Institute on Aging (NIA)
For more information, please contact
|Kimberly Williams, MSW, LCSW
Geriatric/Adult Specialty Team Director
Beaufort, Bertie, Camden, Craven, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Jones, Hertford, Hyde, Gates, Nash, Martin, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Pitt, Northampton, Tyrrell, Washington
|John Dawson, RN
Geriatric/Adult Mental Health Team
New Hanover, Brunswick, Carteret , Onslow, Pender