Components of TCLI:
- In-reach: Certified Peer Specialists will go into facilities and build relationships with individuals to discuss community-based mental health services and potential housing resources.
- Diversion: Pre-admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) is a screening tool used prior to any admission into an adult care home to determine if the candidate has mental illness.
- Transition planning: Once an individual is identified by In-reach as interested in community-based mental health or housing services, then they are assigned to a Transition Coordinator. The Transition Coordinator helps develop a plan to transition an individual into the community.
- Available services:
- Housing slots with financial rental assistance
- Tenancy Support to help with moving, setting up household supplies and furniture, and explaining what to do in an emergency
- Individual Placement and Support-Supported Employment service (for individuals with mental health and substance use disorders) to obtain competitive employment in an integrated work setting
- Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) (for individuals with disabilities who receive Social Security benefits) to help acquire, retain, and increase meaningful employment with the goal of improving financial independence
- Special Assistance-In Home provides cash supplement to help low-income adults who are at risk of placement in a licensed residential care setting to reside in a private living setting