The Tiered Care Coordination (TCC) pilot aims to address the high rates of exposure to trauma and high behavioral health needs specific to youth and families involved in child welfare and the juvenile justice system. The program was created by the Governor’s Taskforce on Mental Health and Substance Abuse.
The goal of this family-driven, youth-guided project is to reduce the need for out-of-home care and return children and youth to their families or natural community setting through supporting a family’s voice and choice.
View Tiered Care Coordination flyer for additional information.
Who is eligible?
- Youth and Family must reside in Pitt County
- Age 6-21
- Involved with either the Department of Social Services (DSS) or Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) system
- Youth residing with the caregiver and may be at risk of out-of-home placement, or in process of returning home from out-of-home care
- Caregiver is willing to participate in services
What is High Fidelity Wraparound (HFW)?
High Fidelity Wraparound is an empowering team of individuals and agencies working together to enhance the lives youth and their families. In collaboration with the Tiered Care Coordination team, a family will identify specific needs and goals to help lead fulfilling lives with confidence, through strengthening their network of natural supports.
High Fidelity Wraparound Goals
Source: NC DHHS
What outcomes can I expect for the child or adolescent?
- Improved mental health outcomes
- More engagement in school
- No new legal involvement
- Reduction in the use of crisis services
- Increase family empowerment
Make a referral or find more information about the pilot program:
- For Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) involved individuals, contact
Blaire Wright at 252-209-4690 or Blaire.Wright@TrilliumNC.org
- For Department of Social Services (DSS) involved individuals, contact
Ashley Hardy at 252-227-3659 or Ashley.Hardy@TrilliumNC.org
Page last verified on