Trillium’s SafeSchoolsHealthyKidsNC.org is an online portal to offer training to teachers to help improve school safety. It also offers tip sheets to parents and other stakeholders.
This website will provide teachers and other school employees with immediate, web-based access to evidence-based practice (EBP) models, resources, and materials.
Specific programs that will be available include:
- Counseling on Access to Lethal Means (CALM)
- Modular Approach to Therapy for Children with Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, or Conduct Problems, (MATCH-ADTC)
- Anger Management for Children and Youth
- Supporting Children who have been Bullied
- Recognizing Warning Signs of Children in Distress
Features of the program are:
- Trainings can be completed privately, at any time of the day, and at a person’s own pace;
- Trainings are made available through a single access point with central registration, evaluation, completion certifications and follow-up;
- Tip Sheets and materials can be downloaded securely by parents.
Teachers and school staff may create free accounts to access the training modules and print any materials of interest. Parents and students will also have access to resources, tip sheets, and informational materials.