LOCAL CONNECTIONS TO ASSIST CHILDREN AND YOUTH
Trillium maintains direct communications with Departments of Social Services (DSS) and Departments of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) across our region. Having dedicated staff involved with the multiple county DSS offices and various DJJ districts allows Trillium to give them the focused attention needed to best serve the children and youth in our care.
Benefits of this relationship include:
- county-based issues get a direct response
- in-office staffing as part of the Partnering for Excellence initiative in Pitt and Craven Counties
- collect data on the 1,500 children in foster care in our region to determine proactive approaches
- collaboration with court counselors to prevent more restrictive and costly care for DJJ-involved youth
- increase utilization of Multisystemic Therapy (MST®) services throughout our counties
- develop innovative solutions to identified gaps or needs involving children and youth
- Co-Responder teams being implemented with Brunswick, New Hanover, Carteret, Nash, and Pasquotank DSS.
- level III group homes opening for DSS/DJJ impacted adolescents
- level II group homes opening for DSS involved youth and the only referral source is DSS
- Crisis Respite Homes serving DSS youth
Page last verified on