Trillium Health Resources recognizes monthly awareness events sponsored by local or national organizations and agencies. By helping to publicize these events, we bring attention to these causes to help reduce stigma and share the need for the proper services to address them.
As a managed care organization, Trillium coordinates services for serious mental health, substance use, and intellectual and developmental disabilities in 28 counties in eastern North Carolina. We work within our local communities to help everyone reach their fullest potential by also, promoting programs, initiatives, and supports outside of contracted services.
May is Mental Health Month 2023 - Take Some Time To Look Around, Look Within
Since 1949, Mental Health America and its affiliates across the country have led the observance of May is Mental Health Month by reaching millions of people through the media, local events, and screenings.
Learn more about Mental Health
National Prevention Week
National Prevention Week (NPW) is a public education platform that promotes prevention year-round by providing ideas, capacity building, tools, and resources to help individuals and communities make substance use prevention happen every day.
Each year, National Prevention Week includes daily themes to focus on major substance use and mental health topics. The 2023 daily themes are:
- Monday, May 8: “Talk. They Hear You.” Campaign Relaunch Event.
- Tuesday, May 9: National Prevention Week Activities & Resources Every Day!
- Wednesday, May 10: Communities Talk Prevention Success Stories Webinar
- Thursday, May 11: National Prevention Week Activities & Resources Every Day!
- Friday, May 12: National Prevention Week Activities & Resources Every Day!
- Registration - Virtual Events
Page last verified on