Transforming lives, building community well-being

For Members & Recipients

A father with his kids

Trillium Health Resources helps people with serious mental health conditions, intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD), substance use disorders and traumatic brain injuries (TBI) to get the healthcare services they need. These services are important because they can improve well-being and help people to lead fulfilling lives. We help people who get Medicaid through the Behavioral Health and Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities Tailored Plan or NC Medicaid Direct. We also help uninsured people.

Not Sure Which Plan You Have?

If you are not sure, you can look on your Medicaid ID card to see which plan you have.

  • Tailored Plan Medicaid Members: for those receiving Medicaid who have been placed on the Tailored Plan.
  • State-funded Recipients: for those who do not have insurance. State-funded recipients do not have ID cards.
  • NC Medicaid Direct: for those who are on Medicaid but are not in the Tailored Plan.


How to Get the Care You Need

There are several ways to find and get services for behavioral health.  You can visit a provider in our network before contacting Trillium.

Services are available for Medicaid members and state-funded recipients.

You can call Member and Recipient Services at 1-877-685-2415 (Monday - Saturday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.)  and we will help you find the type of services you need and connect you with a provider of your choice nearest to you.

As a Medicaid member, you can choose your own primary care provider (PCP) when you enroll. You can find your PCP’s name and contact information on your Medicaid ID card. Many specialty services will require a referral from your PCP. If you are in the Tailored Plan and did not select a PCP, we chose one for you based partly on your past health care services.

Note that some services will need permission before you can get them from any provider, including your PCP. This is called “pre-authorization.” Please view member and recipient handbooks for more information.

Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) line at 1-877-685-2415

(Tailored Plan Medicaid Members)

Appointments on July 1, 2024 and later. You must call two days in advance to schedule a ride and no more than 30 days before your appointment.

You can view more information on this service in the brochure.


What To Do In a Crisis

If you are having a physical health emergency or a life-threatening situation, call 911.

Behavioral health crises can be serious, but most do not require a visit to a hospital emergency department. A crisis may mean that you are thinking of hurting yourself or others, seeing things that others are not, or feel you are at risk for withdrawals from alcohol or other drugs.

Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 1-888-302-0738 

24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also call 988 to speak with trained crisis counselors who can help people experiencing mental health-related distress.

A Mobile Crisis Team for your county can come to your location; click on our Crisis Services webpage for your county and which Mobile Crisis Team to call. Walk-in clinics are available across our region. Much Like urgent care for physical health, you can walk-in to these clinics for help with mental health concerns.

We also work with Facility-Based Crisis Centers which can help you without an appointment.

How to Choose a Provider

You can get services from any of our network providers. If you have been seeing a provider in the Trillium Health Resources Network, you can call them or visit their office. To learn more about services in or near your community, click the "Find a Provider" button at the top of each page.

Your primary care provider (PCP) is on your Medicaid ID card. If you need to change your PCP, please call your local DSS office.

Auxiliary Aids and Interpreter Services

If you need help in a different language see our Auxiliary Aids and Interpreter services.

Auxiliary Aids and Interpreter services
Page last verified on