WE MAKE SURE PEOPLE HAVE ACCESS TO THE RIGHT CARE AT THE RIGHT TIME
Trillium Health Resources is a local governmental agency (LME/MCO) that manages mental health, substance use and intellectual/developmental disability services in eastern North Carolina. We cover the following counties: Beaufort, Bertie, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Craven, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Hyde, Jones, Martin, Nash, New Hanover, Northampton, Onslow, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Pitt, Tyrrell and Washington. Our responsibility is to connect individuals and families to the help they need when they need it. We are responsible for managing state and federally funded services for people who receive Medicaid, are uninsured or cannot afford services.
Trillium does not provide direct care. Instead, we partner with agencies and licensed therapists in our Provider Network to offer services and supports to people in need in or near their own communities. We ensure the delivery of the right services, in the right amount, at the right time. We also work collaboratively with local non-profits, other governmental agencies, medical providers, and hospitals to create a holistic system of total patient care that recognizes all needs of an individual.
Trillium manages five types of plans:
- a Medicaid behavioral health plan (for mental health, intellectual/developmental disabilities or I/DD, and substance use disorders)
- a state-funded behavioral health plan, for individuals who may not have Medicaid or are uninsured
- the “Innovations Waiver” plan (a name given by North Carolina to the Home & Community-Based Services Waiver within Medicaid), for those with an I/DD
- a separate Medicaid behavioral health plan, for non-medical services such as supported employment
- and a local plan funded with local dollars (counties, etc.) for prevention, wellness and recovery classes
We hope you find our system easy to use; we want you to be pleased with the services you receive.
We welcome your feedback, both good and bad. Knowing about problems helps us make improvements. Hearing about good experiences gives us important information about provider performance. We encourage you to call our 24-Hour Crisis Care Service Enrollment at 1.877.685.2415 to share your thoughts.
Chairman's Chat - 2016