Health Equity Council
People, Place, and Partnership for Better Health Outcomes for Everyone
Trillium’s Health Equity Council provides input related to health awareness, literacy, equity, and identification of health disparities.
The Health Equity Council is made up of people from the following backgrounds:
- People of color (Black, Native American, Asian American, Latinx, etc.)
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning (LGBTQ+)
- People who primarily speak Spanish
- Residents of rural areas
- People who have had issues accessing transportation, stable housing, or fresh food options
Trillium has contributed to improving health equity in our region for more than ten years. Learn more below.
Trillium’s model for the Health Equity Council will focus on the following principles:
Our members are the experts in their health care needs. Your perspective will drive the development of:
- Engagement strategies with historically marginalized populations to meet annual goals
- Establishing recommended health care and access to care priorities
- Potential improvements to our messaging and member outreach efforts through health awareness and literacy
Geography can affect health outcomes; rural areas and coastal locations may not have as many health care providers. Members living in these areas will be able to:
- Make recommendations of initiatives that address health-related disparities in specific areas
- Suggest tailored interventions to reduce health disparities with specific measurable outcomes
Our inclusive approach means that everyone in our community should have a voice in their health care such as:
- Suggesting interventions to increase well being
- Addressing unmet health-related needs (such as transportation or food) impacting members who may be eligible for Healthy Opportunities funding in specific counties
- Fostering acceptance and community involvement through relationships and partnerships
Trillium Health Equity Strategy Training
What leads to poor health for some Trillium members? How can we provide equal access to healthcare for everyone we serve? This free training explains how Trillium will improve health outcomes for everyone. It also introduces the Trillium Health Equity Council and our ongoing improvement efforts.
Visit My Learning Campus and sign up for this free, online training.
If interested in serving on the HEC, please submit the application below: