Changing How We Do Healthcare
As North Carolina prepares for public health system changes, Trillium Health Resources (Trillium) remains committed to implementing modernized healthcare for the individuals of Eastern North Carolina. Trillium will continue to partner with health care providers and community stakeholders to build strong foundations of well-being, and to help deepen the connections between citizens and their communities. We are invested in the future of the public behavioral health system for the benefit of the individuals and communities we serve. Building well-being depends on many people and agencies working together.
Trillium and its provider network are moving beyond the traditional fee-for-service model to create innovative value-based arrangements. Value-based care emphasizes outcomes so that payments are based on achieving realistic health goals, rather than payments based on number of visits. Value-based care also promotes the “Quadruple Aim” of healthcare promoted through Medicaid Transformation. Valued-based care will be at the forefront of Trillium’s business efforts to continue achieving these goals:
- high-quality care
- cost-effective care and treatment
- better health for our communities
- improved member and provider satisfaction
Trillium’s Practice Management department is responsible for leading the development and implementation of value-based care.
The Practice Management department consists of a multi-disciplinary team specializing in clinical and operational health care delivery. This team develops and leads innovative strategies to increase the use of value-based purchasing arrangements that are designed to promote and/or incentivize the following:
- Measurable improvements in member health
- Incorporation of evidence-based quality metrics
- Flexible design to meet the needs of diverse provider specialties
- Quantifiable improvements in member healthcare experience
- Reduction in healthcare costs per person
- Integration of robust care coordination activities across provider specialties to improve whole-person health, streamline access to care
Practice Management Consultants from Trillium work directly with our network of providers to lead performance improvement projects, identify performance measures, track member outcomes, and enhance service delivery. The Practice Management team assists in the development and growth of our provider network, recruitment, and retention of high-performing providers, training, and education. We work with providers to identify priority areas and domains needed by providers to participate in alternative payment arrangements in the delivery of care, across all populations that Trillium serves.
Trillium will assess each provider’s readiness to enter into value-based arrangements which may include payment linked to data reporting, quality metrics, upside risk, and downside risk. Trillium follows The Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network’s Alternative Payment Model Framework to determine and categorize payment methodologies associated with value-based payment arrangements.
Health Care Payment and Learning Action Network Alternative Payment Model Framework is the industry standard for how payers and providers design alternative payment methods and set value-based payment goals. Below illustrates the categories in which value-based payment methods are classified:
Coming soon for our Provider Network
- Value-Based Purchasing Readiness Assessment: providers will be contacted directly for completion
- Value-Based Purchasing Provider Training: located on our Provider.MyLearningCampus.org site
- Health Care Payment and Learning Action Network
- NC DHHS Policy Papers - North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has published several policy papers that begin to define requirements for value-based arrangements for North Carolina. Though the implementation of the Tailored Plan has been temporarily postponed, Trillium continues to build the infrastructure needed for the future of healthcare for individuals in Eastern North Carolina.