Trillium has updated our process on how referrals are received in reference to applying for admission to a Developmental Center. The objective of this new process is to ensure members can be connected to the least restrictive services possible so they can live, work and play in their own communities.
All applications for access to State Developmental Centers must be processed and approved by Trillium Health Resources, prior to seeking admission.
Requestors, please answer screening questions via the Smartsheet prior to application submission. Trillium will review responses and verify that member meets general eligibility criteria. Once screening responses are reviewed by Trillium, requestor will be notified by email of next steps and if any further info is needed. Requestor will then begin completion of Developmental Center application, as applicable, and submit to: DevelopmentalReferralForms@TrilliumNC.org
- Residential and Emergency Service History
- Exploration of Community Resources
- Referral Agreement
- Referral Admission
Please note: Copies of the State Developmental Center referral forms (SDC referral forms) are posted on this page via Trillium website. Applicants should not submit applications directly to the Developmental Centers and if so, they will be returned to the LME/MCO.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Where can I find the application on the Trillium website for Caswell, Murdoch, J Iverson, and Track programs?
Actual publication TBD-pending approval
- Who submits completed application to Murdoch?
CMA, AMH+, Providers, and other community stakeholder groups (ie DSS, physician offices)
- What is the purpose of the letter of endorsement?
To document support of the admission to a state-operated developmental center
- Who completes the letter of endorsement?
Trillium Health Resources
- Who completes Treatment Authorization Request for Caswell/Murdoch General Admissions?
The provider (State Developmental Center)
- Where can I find more information on developmental centers such as Caswell, Murdoch, J. Iverson, and Track programs, including eligibility criteria?
Clinical coverage policy 8E
For provider questions related to the application, or at any time during the application process, please contact the Provider Support Line at 1-855-250-1539. Members and stakeholders can also continue to contact Trillium Member services at 1-866-998-2597 for questions, as there is no wrong door.
Page last verified on