|MENTAL HEALTH - GENERAL
- ADHD Resources English & Spanish - Download the useful resources below, vetted by national experts, and spread them widely in your place of work, community, and schools!
- Bring Change to Mind - Is non-profit organization working together to end the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental illness through widely distributed public education materials and programs based on the latest scientific insights and measured for effectiveness.
- Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Training - Darkness to Light understands that learning the facts about childhood sexual abuse helps prevent it. Talking about it helps prevent it. Getting involved helps prevent it.
- Emergency Response Resources - Summary of Emergency Response Resources by Trillium Region / County.
- Global Medical Education (GME) - Information graphics or “infographics” are graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge intended to present complex information quickly and clearly.
- Happify - Happify's activities and games are based on a decade's worth of cutting-edge research by psychologists and neuroscientists from leading academic institutions around the world.
- Mental Health Channel—It’s a channel like you’d see on cable, but on the web-created to raise awareness and help every viewer realize the benefits of improved mental health.
- Mental Health Gov - MentalHealth.gov provides one-stop access to U.S. government mental health and mental health problems information. MentalHealth.gov aims to educate and guide; the general public, health, and emergency preparedness professionals, Policymakers, Government and business leaders, School systems, Local communities.
- Salud Mental Gov - Proporciona acceso a información del gobierno de EE.UU. sobre salud mental y problemas de salud mental. El objetivo de MentalHealth.gov es educar y brindar orientación al público en general, profesionales de la salud y con preparación para emergencias, encargados de formular políticas, líderes empresariales y del gobierno, sistemas escolares, comunidades locales.
- Mental Health Screening Tools - Mental Health America is dedicated to promoting mental health, preventing mental and substance use conditions and achieving victory over mental illnesses and addictions through advocacy, education, research, and service.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network’s (NCSTN) - The National Child Traumatic Stress Network was established to improve access to care, treatment, and services for traumatized children and adolescents exposed to traumatic events.
- National Dialogue on Behavioral Health - National Dialogues on Behavioral Healthcare (NDBH), proceeds from this premise. NDBH also holds another distinction.
- No MORE - is a movement to raise public awareness and engage bystanders around ending domestic violence and sexual assault.
- North Carolina - Suicide Prevention Plan - To empower North Carolinians with knowledge and examples of actions they can take to prevent suicide.
- Psych Central: Mental Health & Psychology Resources Online - The site includes a comprehensive listing of information about conditions and medications, as well as blogs, news, and research.
- V.O.I.C.E. Therapeutic Solutions—Community Assistance Resources for Emotional Support, provides a peer support warm line for Eastern North Carolina.
|DISABILITY - GENERAL
- Cerebral Palsy Group - Cerebral Palsy Group is a national organization that was created so that it may serve the individuals and families who have been diagnosed with cerebral palsy. We are here to provide information and support so that we may help provide resources and education to those affected by CP.
- Cerebral Palsy Guide - Is a small group of professionals with a desire to educate and help people with cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral Palsy Guidance - was created to provide answers and assistance to parents of a child with cerebral palsy. Our goal is to reach as many members of the cerebral palsy community as possible, building up a network of support, as well as providing the necessary assistance.
- Everybody Works NC - The Everybody Works NC campaign was launched to increase awareness of the untapped pool of talent found in the North Carolina disability community and to create more jobs and job oriented educational opportunities
- Expertise - A guide for seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities to help make federal grants for remodeling homes for accessibility easier to understand and access.
- Financial Planning - making sure there will always be enough money to provide lifetime care for their special needs children
- Find a Medicaid Doctor or Dentist - There are several ways to find a Medicaid doctor, dentist, or other medical providers. Before you make an appointment, be sure to ask if the provider still takes Medicaid patients.
- NC ABLE - New NC ABLE helps individuals save while preserving their SSI and Medicaid.
- Should 529 Funds Be Transferred to an ABLE Account? - Families can now make limited transfers from existing 529 accounts to ABLE accounts with no tax consequences.
- Think College - is a national organization dedicated to developing, expanding, and improving inclusive higher education options for people with intellectual disability.
|SUBSTANCE USE & ADDICTION - GENERAL
- Addiction & Recovery - The Definitive Expert Resource Guide For You, Your Family, or Your Patients; Written by Dr. Dina Macaluso, Psy.D, L.M.H.C., Alan Boyd, & Sharon Therien
- Addiction Resources - Addiction Resource was founded in 2005 to provide a community for those recovering from addiction and to help patients find the highest quality care for a successful recovery. Our goal is to provide resources to help patients and their loved ones so that they may stay on the road to recovery, and can successfully overcome addiction for life.
- Addiction Treatment - was founded by recovering addicts and health professionals to provide the most up-to-date information on various addictions and reviews of top treatment centers across the country.
- Alcohol Rehab Guide - Alcohol Rehab Guide (ARG) is an organization that offers in-depth, reliable information on all aspects of alcohol addiction.
- Alcoholics Anonymous® (AA) - Alcoholics Anonymous is an international fellowship of men and women who have had a drinking problem. It is nonprofessional, self-supporting, multiracial, apolitical, and available almost everywhere.
- Division of Mental Health Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services (MH/DD/SAS) is responsible for implementing public mental health, developmental disability, and substance abuse services. You'll find information on a variety of sub-topics such as Child and Family Mental Health, Crisis Services, Traumatic Brain Injury, etc.
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse - read about various topics, such as Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation; Involuntary Commitment, Personal Care Services, Peer Support Services, etc.
- DrugRehab.com - our mission is to equip patients and families with the best information, resources, and tools to overcome addiction and lead a lifelong recovery.
- Get Smart About Drugs – From the U.S. Department of Justice’s Drug Enforcement Administration this website has resources for parents, educators, and caregivers to learn about drug use trends and statistics, how to identify drug paraphernalia, and how to talk to the youth they suspect may be using drugs
- Nar-Anon Family Support Group - Nar-Anon Family Group members are relatives and friends who are concerned about the addiction or drug problem of another.
- Narcotics Anonymous - Find a meeting - Find NA Meetings or choose inpatient treatment, Group therapy & support and private addiction treatment programs available.
- National Center on Substance Abuse and Child Welfare (NCSACW) - Resources & Webinars on Treatment for Opioid Use Disorders
- New Hanover Health - Navigating the Opioid Epidemic in New Hanover County
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (Brochures and Fact Sheets) - This section contains easy-to-read material for the public covering a wide range of alcohol-related topics. Spanish language versions of these publications are also provided at Publicaciones en Español.
- Pro Talk - The Rehabs.com Pro Community is an exclusive online discussion platform where addiction treatment professionals can connect to exchange ideas and engage in lively discussion about treatment approaches, prevention, recovery, policy, and more.
- RehabCenter - Rehabcenter.net is committed to helping people recover from addiction by ﬁnding treatment that works. Our free, national helpline provides conﬁdential referrals to respected rehabilitation centers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- RehabNet - We are a non-profit organization with a mission to educate and provide assistance to seniors struggling addiction as well as caregivers and family members with concerns.
- SAMHSA Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD) - Fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD) are a group of conditions that can occur in a person whose mother drank alcohol during pregnancy. These effects can include physical problems and problems with behavior and learning. Often, a person with an FASD has a mix of these problems.
- Start Your Recovery - StartYourRecovery.org offers relatable information for people who are dealing with substance use issues — and their family members, friends, and co-workers, too.
- Talk It Out | Start The Conversation - We can’t turn a blind eye to the costs of underage drinking in North Carolina. Not just the dollars and cents, but the lives lost to drunk driving, the crimes committed under the influence, the hundreds of teen pregnancies that result – the physical, the social and emotional damage that can weigh down tweens and teens for the rest of their lives.
- The Big Book - The Big Book is a thorough and comprehensive resource designed to give people from all walks of life the information, encouragement, and resources they need to effectively deal with their drinking addiction.